Monday 7 May 2012

Does Council Endorse Tomlinson's Secret Surveillance?

Dear Concerned Citizens of Kearney,


A while back, while we were visiting Kearney, Mayor Tomlinson secretly photographed me and my family at an event at the Community Centre. Then he emailed out the pictures to members of Council, his friends, and members of the public with nasty and libelous remarks. Often when I visited McManus Beach with my young daughter, Mayor Tomlinson would be there taking pictures. Having already been the target of Mayor Tomlinson's very public harassment I was deeply concerned about my little girl now being drawn into his weird fixation, so I wrote to Kearney's Operations Manager Mr. Dean Hall. I also copied it to all members of Council. Compared to all what is currently happening in Kearney, this is ancient news and an old wound, but after long consideration I felt the people of Kearney should remember that there's more to be concerned about in the Town of Kearney than just Henry Hess, especially now that beach weather is approaching. Here's the letter I sent:
Dear Mr. Hall,


Before I enrol my daughter in any Town-sponsored events/classes/etc., specifically the swimming lessons,  I must insist that the Corporation of the Town of Kearney confirm in writing that neither Mayor Paul Tomlinson, members of council, or any town employee will take any photographs/video of me, my daughter, or any other member of my family. As you know, Mayor Tomlinson has, with his Blackberry, surreptitiously photographed me and members of my family in the past and the Corporation of the Town of Kearney has publicly posted these photos with libellous remarks. Last year, Mayor Tomlinson was present at my daughter’s swimming lessons and usually had his Blackberry in hand. I am sure that you will understand if I do not want my young daughter subjected to this kind of covert surveillance and public harassment.


I look forward to your written response.




Mr. Hall responded:

From: Dean Hall [mailto:Dean.Hall@townofkearney.com]
Sent: June-21-11 11:19
To: ____________________
Cc: barryinbarrie@yahoo.ca; Yvonne Aubichon; Elizabeth Stermsek; kevenkearney1@vianet.ca; kearneytomlinson@gmail.com; amurdy@bradleycoredrilling.com; stevesainsbury1@gmail.com; louiseinkearney@gmail.com; cricket8@xplornet.com; kearney1@vianet.ca;
Subject: RE: Swimming Lessons

Good morning Mr. __________,

Can you please clarify when and where the Corporation of the Town of Kearney “has publicly posted these photos with libellous remarks”?


Sincerely,

Dean Hall
Operations Manager
Town of Kearney
8 Main St
P.O. Box 38
Kearney, ON P0A 1M0
(705) 636-7752
(705) 636-0527 - Fax
dean.hall@townofkearney.com




I wrote back to Mr. Hall (and council) with a copy of Mayor Tomlinson's nasty email to council, his friends, and various people around town and pointed out that when Mayor Tomlinson published our pictures and his remarks he signed it as the Mayor with:
Paul H. Tomlinson
Mayor
Corporation of The Town of Kearney
8 Main Street
Kearney , ON P0A 1M0
705 636 - 1608
kearneytomlinson@gmail.com

I felt that since Mayor Tomlinson had distributed our pictures as the Mayor, representing the "Corporation of The Town of Kearney" I should address my concerns to the Town of Kearney.

Operations Manager Dean Hall, the Mayor, and members of Council all refuse to make any assurances that I, my family, or anyone else would not, in the future, be the subject of covert surveillance by Mayor Tomlinson or any other creepy [bleep] representing of the Town of Kearney. Think about that when you're at the beach!

Name Withheld By Request.


"Hee hee hee"

No comments:

Post a Comment