Tuesday 26 February 2013

Reader Thanks Rink Attendant Volunteer


I just wanted to write in expressing my gratitude to the individual who maintains the skating rink at the Lions park.

I was under the impression that this was no longer maintained and that no ice would be available this winter.
However, after reading your latest post on the mayor's borderline stalkerish behavior on the individual who has volunteered to maintain the ice, I immediately went out and spent some time shooting a few pucks around!
The ice was excellent! I've lived in several cities/towns and the ice is usually put in and then never maintained. The ice in Kearney was fantastic! It must of recently been flooded as the surface was smooth as glass!
So that being said I would like to very much thank the individual who has volunteered their time to maintain this, and hope that many others in the town catch the volunteer bug and "take back" the town! I know I'll be looking for ways to pitch in!
PS: If the individual maintaining the ice requires any assistance, please do not hesitate to share my email. However, I would like to remain anonymous for the time being should you wish to share this with anyone else.

Thanks for your email and your community spirit! If Mayor Tomlinson lets us have a rink attendant we'll pass along your email address (to the volunteer, not to Tomlinson).

No comments:

Post a Comment