Thursday 8 November 2012

Citizen Appreciates Fire Department's Efforts

I would everyone to know of the outstanding work of our very own Kearney Volunteer Fire Team during the wee hours of November 4, 2012.

I was out and about that night and there was a huge fire at the end of Lake Ave in Kearney. I was amazed on the quick response and professionalism of this team. They were amazing to say the least and though the house was not saved surrounding structures were. As far as I know no one was injured and I don't know if anyone was home at the time of the fire.

I hear many b.s. comments about our fire dept but I have a renewed sense of appreciation for the brave men and woman who serve this community for very little in return. The were out all night, I know because when I woke at some point and they were still there.

I can only imagine the stamina needed to perform the tasks they did so late and likely after spending a whole day doing their daily lives either working or working at home. Imagine working all day and late at night your out in cold temperatures battling a fire with smoke, heat, wind and so many other factors.

Next time someone has bad things to say just think about the heroic work these fine upstanding citizens do to help our community, to help save us from tragedies at all hours of the day, 24/7, 365 days a year.

A heart felt thanks goes out to the Kearney Fire and Emergency Services for a fabulous job done and you have the eternal gratitude of so many residents. 


[Anonymous]

Thanks for the letter! Apparently, the family was home, but everyone got out safely. Our fire-fighters have proven themselves time and time again. It's too bad that Mayor Tomlinson and his minions don't share our appreciation.


And, it's too bad that in The Meanest Little Town, citizens are afraid to sign their names to letters, even the complimentary ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment