Wednesday 13 June 2012

Tomlinson's CBO Also Gets Paid To Sleep

Not only does Kearney's CBO get paid mileage, but apparently also gets paid to sleep and gets to go home early. Here's just one of the emails we've received:


First off I want to start off by saying I am not writing this to bash the Mayor.
People of Kearney, both year round and seasonal, need to come together and understand that we currently have a CBO that is not doing his job.
I travel a fair distance every day to go to work(about the same as Mr. Hess). I meet him every afternoon between 3:15 and 3:35. Some days I even catch him either taking a nap or pulled off the road just sitting in truck.
At first nothing was thought of it until I was informed that his hours are supposed to be the same as the town staff(8:30-4:30).
As a result I passed him by today at 3:20, returned home and proceeded to call the town office where I was informed that he was out doing site inspections. This was the second time I was told this but this time I told the lady that he was not out in the field but heading home, unless he does inspections in Orrville. I was immediately greeted with silence.
I could understand going home once or twice early but, with the exception of meetings in Kearney, he is going home early every day.
Should we be paying for a CBO that chooses to work his own hours yet get paid a full time wage?
Everyone remember YOUR taxes are paying for him.
Bill Tonge

Are you surprised?

No comments:

Post a Comment